Thursday 5 January 2023

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law- Superhuman Law

 "That name better not stick."

After last week's superhero origin story, we now have the introduction of the format. After getting reluctantly fired by the firm and unemployed, Jen is hired by the opposition and given a swanky new office heading up a new Superhuman Law Division. But there's a catch. She has to practise, in the office and in court, as She-Hulk... and, yeah, she, er, loves the name.

And there's another catch: she has to represent Emil Blonsky, the Abomination, at his parole hearing, and Blonsky tried to kill her cousin. Fortunately, Bruce is fine with it, so all is seemingly well.

It's also nice to see Jen's family, including her parents, her cousin Ched and, I think, Bruce's parents. The scene is a joy, especially her close bond with her dad.

So many nice touches, too. I'm an old school fan, I know of Titania. Here, she is... an influencer?! Also, I love her dad asking the very pertinent question of whether Hawkeye retrieves his arrows. I noticed Blonsky's prison was run by Damage Control.

The format looks fun. I'm excited. Also, I presume the fact that Bruce is in that flying saucer from last episode will be followed up out of the confines of this particular serial. And I loved the Shang-Chi bombshell at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment