Wednesday 25 January 2023

She-Hulk: Attorney at Law- Mean, Green and Straight Poured into These Jeans

 "I own who I am!"

Yet again this is short, bvery short, a thirty minute sitcom episode. And it's based on a very sitcom premise, of Titania frivolously patenting the name She-Hulk to sell a load of old tat. Personally I love it, and how the solution is for Jen to humiliate herse;f via parading her recent dating history.

Some won't, of course, and I see the iMDb ratings are low, which I assume reflects polarisation. Those who like loads of ultra-testosterone-fuelled action will find little to enloy here. But the rest of us are having a great time, and not only becaudse of the Daredevil tease (retro custume?) at the end. The idea of a superhero tailor is well-handled, so much so that we'll forget the idea having appeared in The Incredibles, another Disney property.

I love the Jen and Ginger double act. I love the courtroom stuff. This is pure sitcom. But it's bloody brilliant sitcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment