Wednesday 21 December 2022

Ms Marvel: No Normal

 "Do you even like British Bake Off?"

At long last I've got Disney Plus working again. I can blog the finale now. Phew. It's been frustrating.

This is, after the intensity of the last few episodes, very much a feel good finale with Damage Control as comedy moustache twirling bad guys, the whole community supporting the new superhero wholeheartedly, and a lighthearted tone combined with awesome set pieces. Yes, I know that kids using Home Alone type tricks against agents with guns isn't realistic. I don't care. 

The whole thing is both fun ad heartwarming. I love Kamala's outing to the whole family, and the bond they all have. I love the positivity of the likes of Sheikh Abdullah, how Zoe doesn't rat Kamala out, how even Aamir joins in.

The one bit of sadness is Kamran, who is understandably hurting, but even he gets a happy ending. as does Kamala, who gets her superhero name at last from her dad.#

And then, two final bombshells. Yeah, yeah, she seems to swap places with Carol Danvers in the post-credits, but... is Kamala the MCU's first mutant?

No comments:

Post a Comment