Thursday 19 December 2019

So I'm going to try blogging albums now

Ive been doing this blog for ten years and, barring the odd unusual update, it's been exclusively focused on discussing TV and film. Essentially I'm an English graduate some way into a sensible, non-creative civil service career, and the blog helps me to scratch the writing itch. I'm no artist, but I like to write about creative works and have the freedom to do so in any way I damn well choose, so this blog is perfect for me- especially as I've been a carer to Mrs Llamastrangler in recent years as well as being dad to Little Miss Llamastrangler and working full time. I can't get out as much as I used to but this blog is something that's unambiguously mine.

I've resisted blogging albums for ten years, in spite of suggestions being made. Music has meant a lot to me since my now-distant scenes but, to be frank, I've never felt qualified to write about it as, in spite of a failed teenage attempt to learn the guitar, I've never had any musical ability whatsoever. This may seem an odd thing to say: I've never written, directed or acted in anything either. But music has its own language, a language whose beauty I can enjoy but which I don't understand. So can I slowly evolve ways to talk about music? Let's find out...

I don't promise to blog albums that often. And this might very well fizzle out. But here goes, and here's the index...

No comments:

Post a Comment