Tuesday 10 May 2011

The future of this blog...

Hello, everyone!

I'm very, very nearly up to the present with Doctor Who, Torchwood, and The Sarah Jane Adventures after my recent spurt of activity. That means I need to think about what to do next. I'll carry on reviewing episodes of those three series as they're broadcast, of course, but that's not enough to sustain my compulsive need to write a load of nonsense about what I've been watching! So I need something else to write about.

I first started this blog as a mirror of the reviews I was doing for a thread on the splendid Gallifrey Base forum, in which a bunch of us decided to do a massive Doctor Who Marathon, starting with An Unearthly Child and finishing with the end of Matt Smith's first series. I passed that milestone a week or two ago, but I felt a compulsion to carry on. I'm enjoying the experience of getting to indulge myself with writing of a sort I otherwise don't get to do, and I can feel myself developing all the time. It's also gratifying to see the pageviews I get- people actually read this blog too, which is a bit of a bonus!

So, what next? Simply that I'll be moving on to other TV series, one by one, and so keep this blog going forever(!), to fill the gaps between broadcasting of the three series I'm already reviewing. That means changing the title and blurb of this blog a bit, which I'll do tonight if I can be arsed. I may also start a second blog for movies...

The new era starts (hopefully) tonight, with the first of my Blake's 7 reviews, which will go right through to the end. After that it could be anything- perhaps Firefly, The Wire, Sherlock... the possibilities are endless!

I realise I'm still not quite to the end of Series Four of The Sarah Jane Adventures, but don't worry; they're going to continue. It's just that I'm watching them on Sky Plus on the telly downstairs, which other people watch too. That sort of limits the time I can spend watching stuff for this blog. The same goes for Doctor Who and anything else which is currently on the telly. Stuff on DVDs, on the other hand, I can watch on my telly upstairs. So look out for my first Blake's 7 review, coming right up...

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're still going to be writing, Ive really enjoyed your Doctor Who reviews and to have now finished reviewing every single episode up to date is quite an achievement. Well done sir!

    ReplyDelete